Retail Turnover measures the turnover of local retail trade
WHAT DOES RETAIL TURNOVER MEAN?
Retail Turnover measures the turnover of local retail trade at point of sale. In contrast to the PURCHASING POWER and RETAIL SPENDING, Retail Turnover quantifies the purchases at the consumers’ place of expenditure.
As this refers to the retail turnover available within an area it does not necessary mean that this reflects the retail spending available within the respective areas. Therefore showing the retail turnover / money spent on retail of a given area.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MB-INTERNATIONAL RETAIL TURNOVER
- Globally consistent and comparable
- Our data is subjected to a strict quality control and constantly updated by means of comprehensive research by our in-house statistical & geographical department
- The Retail Turnover allows companies to zero in on their regional markets with increased precision and accuracy
- Using our postcode, administrative boundary or small area maps for the geographic visualization of the Retail Turnover allows for an even more effective and efficient decision-making.
Vast variety of uses in many different aspects of business applications
By using MBI Retail Turnover Data companies from across all branches of trade are able to:
- Quantify regional sales opportunities / market potentials
- Evaluate areas for strengths and weaknesses
- Identify unused market potential
- Set realistic local economic forecasts
- Focus locally on marketing activities
- Formulate quantified and realistic objectives
- Restructure and optimize market and sales areas
- Map marketing campaigns
- Develop expansion strategies
VIEW THE MBI PRODUCT FLYER TO RETAIL TURNOVER
Example Retail Turnover
Retail Turnover on municipality level for the Czech Republic
|Municipality/Obce||year average||per mill
country = 100
ON WHICH LEVEL IS THE DATA AVAILABLE?
POSTCODE (ZIP) LEVEL
Worldwide postal areas are geographic boundaries that define the geographic area for each postcode
ADMINISTRATIVE AREA LEVEL
Municipality boundaries plus the higher levels like provinces and state boundaries
SMALL AREA LEVELS (MICRO AREAS)
Could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas
STANDARD DATA FORMATS
The data can be supplied in the following formats which allow easy loading to most database platforms:
- Tab delimited file (TXT)
- dBase (DBF)
- Access database (MDB)
- Excel (xls)
STANDARD GIS FORMATS FOR OUR VECTOR BOUNDARIES
For those using desktop GIS systems we can deliver as well the matching AREA BOUNDARIES.
- Esri Shape file (.shp)
- Esri Geodatabase (.gdb)
- MapInfo (.tab)
- MapInfo MIF/MID
Retail Turnover is available on municipalities, postcode and on small areas level in proven high quality. In the following selection you will receive an overview of our worldwide Retail Turnover data offering for the countries in the individual continents.
We have free sample (test) data available for most European countries. Please feel free to CONTACT US should you have any questions or in the event that the data you are looking for is not listed here or if you need samples for any non-European country.