Retail Focus Areas
DATA FOR VARIOUS ANALYSES
Catchment Area Analysis – Customer Analysis – Competitive Analysis – Costumer Journey
The data on Retail Focus Areas enables you to analyze the location of your branches and competitor stores or points of sale in stationary retail on the basis of mobile geodata for most countries worldwide.
You can identify visitors at specific branches or points of sale (e.g. shops, shopping centers/zones) and make their movement patterns or whereabouts transparent over an extended period of time.
The data answers the key question of where the consumers who shop in a particular store live and work. You gain insights on the number, shopping times and typology of your visitors as residents, commuters or tourists. In addition, you can use visitor frequency to determine which areas the visitors come from and whether they are regular or walk-in customers. A competition analysis provides you with information ranging from the loyalty of your visitors and the competitive situation (ranking, market shares) up to the customer journey (visit histories).
Retail Focus Areas provide information on the following topics
- Place of residence and number of visitors to the branch
- Place of work and number of visitors to the branch
- Proportion of branch visitors by month, weekdays, hours
- Proportion of visitor types: Residents, commuters, tourists
- Proportion and frequency of branch visits from the respective areas
- Proportion of visits to competitors branches
- Whereabouts during working hours
- Visit histories (before, after, etc.) of store visitors provide insights into the customer journey
- Ranking of branches and market shares in a given area
You determine the area to be examined (postcode, municipality, home address, grid) as well as the branches or the point of sale.
ADVANTAGES OF RETAIL FOCUS AREAS
- Build on a variety of unique digital mobile data
- Customer and catchment area analyses (place of residence/work)
- Competitor analyses, analyses of visits to competitor’s stores
- Insights into the customer journey
- Target group-relevant implementation of marketing strategies
- Avoidance of scatter loss
- Budget savings
- Insights into customer loyalty
Connecting the data on Retail Focus Areas with our globally consistent and comparable geodata you can identify valuable correlations. Additional to the information about how many people are located in a certain place at a certain time, you can also find out which target group they belong to. This provides you with the best basis for well-founded and data-based decisions.
An international retailer carried out a location analysis based on the examination of two of its own and two competitor branches. For all four branches, the places of residence and work of the visitors were considered and determined over an extended period of time on the basis of mobile geodata (refined and aggregated in strict compliance with the GDPR). By means of a frequency analysis, it was possible to determine how often visitors of a branch were identified there during the observation period whose place of residence or work is located in a certain postcode area. An analysis of the visits to numerous competitors in the immediate vicinity made it possible to determine the proportion of visitors who were also identified at least once in the respective competitor’s branch during the observation period.
The basis for this product is derived from digital mobile applications. The data is refined and aggregated in strict compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Grid = In a regular grid, e.g. 70×110 meters
- Home address = Building block or house perimeter (KGS44), if available and in compliance with the GDPR
- PLZ5 / Admin = 5-digit postcodes or municipality
Globally consistent and comparable data
Strict quality control
Individual consulting and support
100 % GDPR compliant
• Postcode Level
• Administrative Area Level
• Small Area Level
> LEARN MORE
Tab delimited file (TXT) | KML | Access database (MDB) | Excel (xls) | Esri Shapefile (.shp) | Esri Geodatabase (.gdb) | MapInfo (.tab) | MapInfo MIF/MID | more on request
> LEARN MORE
Easy access to a variety of MBI data
• Datalink Desktop
• Datalink Rest API
> LEARN MORE
TELL US WHERE YOU ARE HEADING.
WE WILL GLADLY ASSIST YOU IN SELECTING THE DATA NEEDED TO REACH YOUR GOAL.
Didn’t find what you are looking for or have another question? Please do not hesitate to contact us!
Our experts will be happy to advise you individually and without obligation on which data you can use to create added value for your company and realize savings.
Would you like to evaluate and visualize the data?