Retail Spending relates to the proportion of Purchasing Power of a certain area’s population that is available for spending in retail.
What does Retail Spending mean?
As this refers to the retail spending available within an area it does not necessary mean that it is given out in the respective areas. Therefore showing the retail potential of an area, for both local and online.
General Purchasing Power less expenditures for rents, mortgage interests, insurance, motor vehicles, for travels or services refers to the potential expenditure in retail at the consumers’ place of residence.
Advantages of the MB-International Retail Spending
- Globally consistent and comparable
- Our data is subjected to a strict quality control and constantly updated by means of comprehensive research by our in-house statistical & geographical department
- The Retail Spending allows companies to zero in on their regional markets with increased precision and accuracy
- Using our postcode, administrative boundary or small area maps for the geographic visualization of the Retail Spending allows for an even more effective and efficient decision-making.
Vast variety of uses in many different aspects of business applications
By using MBI Retail Spending Data companies from across all branches of trade are able to:
- Quantify regional sales opportunities / market potentials
- Evaluate areas for strengths and weaknesses
- Identify unused market potential
- Set realistic local economic forecasts
- Focus locally on marketing activities
- Formulate quantified and realistic objectives
- Restructure and optimize market and sales areas
- Map marketing campaigns
- Develop expansion strategies
View the MBI Product Flyer to Retail Spending
Example Retail Spending
Retail Spending on municipality level for the Czech Republic
|Municipality/Obce||year average||per mill
country = 100
|534951||Kralupy nad Vltavou||17.726||1,685||56,85||1,792||3.240||107,0|
For which geographical area levels is the data available on?
- Postcode (zip) Level
Worldwide postal areas are geographic boundaries that define the geographic area for each postcode
- Administrative Area Level
Municipality boundaries plus the higher levels like provinces and state boundaries
- Small Area Levels (micro areas)
Could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas
Standard data formats
The data can be supplied in the following formats which allow easy loading to most database platforms:
- Tab delimited file (TXT)
- Access database (MDB)
- Excel (xls)
Standard GIS formats for our vector boundaries
For those using desktop GIS systems we can deliver as well the matching area boundaries.
- Esri Shape file (.shp)
- Esri Geodatabase (.gdb)
- MapInfo (.tab)
- MapInfo MIF/MID
Retail Spending is available on municipalities, postcode and on small areas level in proven high quality. In the following selection you will receive an overview of our worldwide Retail Spending data offering for the countries in the individual continents.
We have free sample (test) data available for most European countries. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or in the event that the data you are looking for is not listed here or if you need samples for any non-European country.