SMALL AREA MAPS (MICRO AREAS)
Small Area Maps could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas. Digital Small Area boundaries help you to display and analyze spatial areas on a map. They can easily be matched and attributed with company internal data (e.g. sales figures, sales areas) or SOCIODEMOGRAPHIC DATA and PURCHASING POWER data from MB-International.
Because Postcode / ZIP-code boundaries are arbitrary geographic areas designed for the convenience of postal carriers, they do not always correspond to other more meaningful boundaries, such as those of cities or towns, school districts, neighborhoods or political voting districts.
Therefore, we also offer what we call a small area dataset for many countries which are subdivisions of the postcode boundaries or administrative boundaries, e.g. census areas or street segments.
Example: In Spain are these the Census Sections (36.255 areas), a subdivision of the Municipios (8.125 areas).
VAST VARIETY OF USES IN MANY ASPECTS OF BUSINESS APPLICATIONS
Our area boundaries provide you with a consistent basis for visualizing your data for various tasks and applications, such as
- Sales planning
- Sales controlling
- Site planning
- Expansion planning
- Branch network planning
- Customer visualization
- Predictive analytics
- Insurance risk management
- Thematic mapping
- Social Media Marketing
- Postcode look-up tables
- Internet applications
- Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding
Advantages of our Small Area Maps
- The layers are topographically correct and country borders fit seamlessly together without overlaps and gaps
- Data and areas can be easily combined in one layer thanks to a unique key, enabling cross-country analysis
- Constant updates guarantee a current data status
- The vintage compatibility between the MBI boundaries and the MBI Sociodemographic and Purchasing Power data is guaranteed
- Simple update by uniform layout of the layer names
- The higher-level area hierarchies are included with the boundary files
- Digital boundaries are in a vector format to allow visualization in any zoom levels
The territorial vintages of the worldwide area boundaries are compatible with our globally consistent and comparable socio-economic data. We offer you the best basis for well-founded and data-based decisions. If desired, we can integrate the MBI data directly into our digital boundaries. So, you can load them directly into your system without any additional steps and use them immediately.
Globally consistent and comparable data
Strict quality control
Individual consulting and support
100 % GDPR compliant
• Postcode Level
• Administrative Area Level
• Small Area Level
> LEARN MORE
Tab delimited file (TXT) | KML | Access database (MDB) | Excel (xls) | Esri Shapefile (.shp) | Esri Geodatabase (.gdb) | MapInfo (.tab) | MapInfo MIF/MID | more on request
> LEARN MORE
Easy access to a variety of MBI data
• Datalink Desktop
• Datalink Rest API
> LEARN MORE
TELL US WHERE YOU ARE HEADING.
WE WILL GLADLY ASSIST YOU IN SELECTING THE DATA NEEDED TO REACH YOUR GOAL.
Didn’t find what you are looking for or have another question? Please do not hesitate to contact us!
Our experts will be happy to advise you individually and without obligation on which data you can use to create added value for your company and realize savings.
Would you like to evaluate and visualize the data?