Retail Centrality Index describes the ability of an area to pin the Retail Spending of its population and of other areas’ population down to the local retail trade
What is the Retail Centrality Index?
Retail Centrality Index describes the ability of an area to pin the Retail Spending of its population and of other areas’ population down to the local retail trade.
|Centrality Index||= (||Retail Turnover in ‰||) x 100|
|Retail Spending in ‰|
Cities having a large shopping appeal show a Centrality Index of more than 100, because they tie more Retail Spending of surrounding areas to themselves than they emit to those areas.
Advantages of the MB-International Retail Centrality
- Globally consistent and comparable
- Our data is subjected to a strict quality control and constantly updated by means of comprehensive research by our in-house statistical & geographical department
- The Retail Centrality allows companies to zero in on their regional markets with increased precision and accuracy
- Using our postcode, administrative boundary or small area maps for the geographic visualization of the Retail Centrality allows for an even more effective and efficient decision-making.
Vast variety of uses in many different aspects of business applications
Retail Centrality data helps you with…
- Valid data bases for your regional analysis
- Fast identification of economically advantageous sales areas with value figures and indices
- Identification of consumer flows (purchasing power inflow or purchasing power outflow)
- Professional planning of new locations based on their prospects of success
- Comparison of the potential of external sales territories and the objective assessment of sales performances
- Reclassification of external sales force regions according to their sales opportunities
By using MBI Retail Centrality companies from across all branches of trade are able to:
- Quantify regional sales opportunities / market potentials
- Evaluate areas for strengths and weaknesses
- Identify unused market potential
- Set realistic local economic forecasts
- Focus locally on marketing activities
- Formulate quantified and realistic objectives
- Restructure and optimize market and sales areas
View the MBI Product Flyer to Retail Centrality
For which geographical area levels is the data available on?
- Postcode (zip) Level
Worldwide postal areas are geographic boundaries that define the geographic area for each postcode
- Administrative Area Level
Municipality boundaries plus the higher levels like provinces and state boundaries
- Small Area Levels (micro areas)
Could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas
Standard data formats
The data can be supplied in the following formats which allow easy loading to most database platforms:
- Tab delimited file (TXT)
- Access database (MDB)
- Excel (xls)
Standard GIS formats for our vector boundaries
For those using desktop GIS systems we can deliver as well the matching area boundaries.
- Esri Shape file (.shp)
- Esri Geodatabase (.gdb)
- MapInfo (.tab)
- MapInfo MIF/MID
Retail Centrality Index is available on municipality and postcode code level in proven high quality. In the following selection you will receive an overview of our worldwide Retail Centrality data offering for the countries in the individual continents.
We have free sample (test) data available for most European countries. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or in the event that the data you are looking for is not listed here or if you need samples for any non-European country.