Purchasing Power describes the disposable income
Retail Spending relates to the proportion of Purchasing Power of a certain area’s population that is available for spending in retail.
Consumer Spending by Product Groups quantifies the expenditures of consumers on certain groups of goods or services.
Retail Turnover measures the turnover of local retail trade
Retail Centrality Index describes the ability of an area to pin the Retail Spending of its population and of other areas’ population down to the local retail trade
Our definition of Purchasing Power / Income data
Purchasing Power refers to the disposable income (i.e. income after taxes and social contributions, including received transfer payments) of a certain region’s population. Consequently Purchasing Power consists of net incomes from employment and assets (after taxes and social contributions), pensions, unemployment benefits, benefit payments and other national transfer payments.
A per capita index of 100 indicates the area’s purchasing power is in line with the national average and index above or below this average shows the amount of deviation from the average, positively or negatively.
Purchasing Power – The key indicator for sound location and sales territory planning
In today’s competitive retail market, sales, optimization and growth are critical to survival. All businesses need to know where their customers are located and how much disposable income their target groups possess. Basically the understanding of what the population in a given area has available for consumption. The Purchasing Power allows companies to zero in on their regional markets with increased precision and accuracy.
Advantages of the MB-International Purchasing Power
- Globally consistent and comparable
- Our data is subjected to a strict quality control and constantly updated by means of comprehensive research by our in-house statistical & geographical department
- The Purchasing Power allows companies to zero in on their regional markets with increased precision and accuracy
- Using our postcode, administrative boundary or small area maps for the geographic visualization of the Purchasing Power allows for an even more effective and efficient decision-making.
Vast variety of uses in many different aspects of business applications
By using MBI Purchasing Power Data companies from across all branches of trade are able to:
- Quantify regional sales opportunities / market potentials
- Evaluate areas for strengths and weaknesses
- Identify unused market potential
- Set realistic local economic forecasts
- Focus locally on marketing activities
- Formulate quantified and realistic objectives
- Restructure and optimize market and sales areas
- Map marketing campaigns
- Develop expansion strategies
View the MBI Product Flyer to Purchasing Power
Example Purchasing Power
Purchasing Power on municipality level for the Czech Republic
|Municipality/Obce||year average||per mill
country = 100
|530883||Kralupy nad Vltavou||17.726||1,685||136,62||1,818||7.707||107,9|
For which geographical area levels is the data available on?
- Postcode (zip) Level
Worldwide postal areas are geographic boundaries that define the geographic area for each postcode
- Administrative Area Level
Municipality boundaries plus the higher levels like provinces and state boundaries
- Small Area Levels (micro areas)
Could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas
Standard data formats
The data can be supplied in the following formats which allow easy loading to most database platforms:
- Tab delimited file (TXT)
- Access database (MDB)
- Excel (xls)
Standard GIS formats for our vector boundaries
For those using desktop GIS systems we can deliver as well the matching area boundaries.
- Esri Shape file (.shp)
- Esri Geodatabase (.gdb)
- MapInfo (.tab)
- MapInfo MIF/MID
In the following selection you will receive an overview of our worldwide data offering for the countries in the individual continents.
We have free sample (test) data available for most European countries. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or in the event that the data you are looking for is not listed here or if you need samples for any non-European country.