- This event has passed.
Webinar in German – A new system conflict? China’s rise and the strategic challenges for the West
May 18 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
A webinar in our CONIAS Risk Intelligence webinar series together with Funk– one of the leading insurance brokers and risk consultants in Europe.
China has become a global powerhouse not only economically but also politically. Hardly any international challenge can be solved without China today. This creates a tense field of regional and global conflicts in which China, the USA, Europe and also Germany have to position themselves. The American-Chinese relationship is characterized by mutual sanctions. Germany and Europe are setting the tone with supply chain laws. Conversely, global supply chains are under pressure from China’s zero-covid strategy, which further risks production plant closures and delivery delays. Businesses feel the geopolitical tensions directly as they try to meet conflicting compliance requirements from the West and China. While China continues to gradually open market access to foreign investors, regulatory requirements are increasing. For example, increased enforcement of Chinese cyber and data security regulations requires companies operating in China to make adjustments to their operating procedures. In addition, a major political event is coming up in the fall of 2022: The 20th Party Congress of the Chinese Communist Party will not only provide an outlook on China’s future strategy, but will also bring about major personnel changes. Against this background, the entrepreneurial management of political risks is noticeably gaining in importance. Therefore, together with Funk we are hosting a webinar on the developments in China and possible implications for companies.
You can expect the following content:
- A well-founded overview of the tense situation in China/USA/Europe
- China expert Dr. Stephan Kuntner from Funk discusses China’s strategy and points out solutions for companies
- An overview of initial regulatory tightening, e.g., as a result of the Supply Chain Act, shows approaches to risk management – in addition, an overview of hedging options concludes the webinar
- During a Q&A session, participants have the opportunity to ask questions and engage in dialog with other interested parties
Participating in our webinar will provide you with:
- Increased understanding of the relevance of China and other players as well as potential impacts on companies/industries
- Conveying the need for professional handling of this conflict and political risks in general
- Promotion of a dialogue in the area of political risks and holistic risk management
We offer two different dates for you to participate in our webinar: