HERE HLS & SDK Migration Information & Schedule
HERE HLS & SDK Migration Information & Schedule
Routing instructions in
Precise Point Addresses
Updates per day worldwide
About HERE Migration
Thank you for being a valued and loyal partner.
Following HERE announcement from HERE Technologies in September 2022 related to the end-of-life of HERE predecessor versions of Location Services and the requested upgrade to HERE new versions of the Location Services, we want to share an important update with you, today.
We are grateful to all partners that have already been able to find the time and resources to work on or even to complete this effort already. Thank you for this!
HERE also acknowledges that the upgrade process to HERE latest versions of the Location Services during the last months has been a challenging ask for others. And HERE is also cognizant of the need for more time for those that faced insurmountable challenges.
Therefore, as part of HERE commitment to the continued evolution of HERE strong business relationship, HERE would like to notify you that we have extended the end-of-life of HERE old, predecessor versions of HERE Location Services until December 31st, 2023, for both, HERE cloud location services and the Premium SDK. This is to ensure you have enough time to technically upgrade your applications with HERE latest set of HERE Location Services.
As mentioned above, the predecessor HERE Location Services currently available on the HERE Developer Portal and hosted by HERE are now targeted to be retired by December 31st, 2023.
HERE Premium SDK (3.x) is superseded by new HERE SDK 4.x variants. The HERE Premium SDK (3.x) will be continued maintained with monthly map updates and only critical bug fixes (no feature development or enhancements). HERE is targeting to retire the HERE Premium SDK (3.x) by December 31st, 2023.
For a full list of APIs affected, please read HERE Product Notification Email.
The HERE Location Services have been redesigned from scratch and now have:
- A consistent and aligned API specification across all services
- A streamlined architecture for better performance
- Sharing HERE map data across all services
- More secure authentication and authorization
- Fresher map content through higher map update frequency
- Faster availability of new regions (e.g., such as the recently integrated high detail map of Japan)
The next step is to start planning your migration to the new versions:
- Identify if you are using one of the impacted HERE Location Services or HERE Premium SDK. Have your technical team review the list to see which services are impacted
- The impacted location services should be migrated to the new versions by December 31st, 2023
- Applications leveraging the Premium SDK 3.x should be upgraded to the new versions (Lite, Explore or Navigate) by December 31st, 2023
- Applications leveraging HERE SDK 4.x for iOS Lite Edition should be migrated to HERE SDK 4.x Explore variant before December 31st, 2023
Retired Versions HERE Location Services
- HERE Map Tile API v2 (depending on availability of new Raster Tile API v8)
- HERE Map Image API v1
- HERE Routing API v7
- HERE Large-Scale Matrix Routing API
- HERE Geocoder API v6
- HERE Geocoder Autocomplete API v6
- Batch Geocoder API v6 (depending on availability of new Batch Geocoder API v7)
- HERE Places (Search) API v2
- HERE Network Positioning API v1
- HERE Fleet Telematics API
- HERE Premium SDK 3.x
- HERE SDK 4.x for iOS Lite Edition
Click here to get a full overview of the retired and new APIs & SDK:
WHO CAN UPDATE LATER?
If you are using the Multi Reverse Geocoding feature, this will be available based on Geocoding & Search v7 by July 2023.
During the migration, you might identify that you still use AppID and AppCode for Authentications. These credentials must be replaced as soon as possible to use the latest APIs.
If you are impacted by that, please send an email to here(at)mbi-geodata.com with following information:
- Customer Name
We will then provide you with new credentials.
Call to Action
- Review if the products you are using are impacted by the migration/upgrade
- Contact us if you need help to access the new versions or to access HERE SDK Navigate Edition
- To stay up2date with HERE Technologies and MBI Portfolio, sign up for our monthly Newsletter https://www.mbi-geodata.com/en/newsletter-subscription/
- Watch HERE Migration Webinar
- Watch the new Mobile SDK Navigate Edition Webinar
- Migrations Guide
- SDK Feature comparison Migration Guide Premium to Navigate
- SDK Android: https://developer.here.com/documentation/android-sdk-navigate/188.8.131.52/dev_guide/topics/migration.html
- SDK iOS: https://developer.here.com/documentation/ios-sdk-navigate/184.108.40.206/dev_guide/topics/migration.html
- Knowledge Article for the migration and upgrade of the API: https://knowledge.here.com/csm_kb?id=public_kb_csm_details&number=KB0019178
- Examples and other resources
In case the migration guides above are not sufficient, please collect the following information:
- Project Plan
- Migration Issue:
- Please check development documentation first, if you can’t find the specifics, please describe your issue in detail
- Example request
Please send this information to here(at)mbi-geodata.com.
For all other enquiries our Technical Team is happy to support!
Your MBI Team
If you have a question about licensing and pricing or any other question, we will be happy to help you.
Find out more about how you can improve your business with HERE Location Services & SDKs.