Nighttime / Resident Population
WHAT IS GLOBAL DAYTIME POPULATION DENSITY?
Global Daytime Population Density gives information about the size of population that is present in a given area during the day.
The population within an area is defined by official statistics as the number of residents being registered in that area. This refers to nighttime population, consisting of permanent residents. On the other hand there is the daytime population, consisting of the number of people who are present in an area during the day. It includes, among others, consumers, tourists, workers and residents. Yet there are two different types of populations for any given area.
This is an important difference, especially for organizations that want to find out where people are during the day, rather than where they live. Despite official statistics, many parts of the world have populations that vary wildly from day to night. The daytime population in most areas increase substantially during the day, particularly those that have a workforce coming into the area for work and then commuting elsewhere at the end of the day.
- Globally consistent and comparable
- Gives a true representation of where people are located during an average day
- Our data is subjected to a strict quality control and constantly updated by means of comprehensive research by our in-house statistical & geographical department
VAST VARIETY OF USES IN MANY DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF BUSINESS APPLICATIONS
By using GlobaI Daytime Population Density Data companies from across all branches of trade are able to:
- Predicting best retail locations
- Better understandig of industrial area population
- Human Resource Planning
VIEW FLYER TO GLOBAL DAYTIME POPULATION DENSITY
ON WHICH LEVEL IS THE DATA AVAILABLE?
POSTCODE (ZIP) LEVEL
Worldwide postal areas are geographic boundaries that define the geographic area for each postcode. Allowing the subdivision of larger administrative areas (larger cities).
ADMINISTRATIVE AREA LEVEL
Municipality boundaries plus the higher levels like provinces and state boundaries.
SMALL AREA LEVELS (MICRO AREAS)
Could be subdivisions of the postcode or administrative boundaries like census areas. The lowest level of geographical boundaries we have currently available.
Calculated by using a multitude of variables:
- Total current resident population of a given area
- The number of workplaces, secondary home, POIs and other regular locations
- Internal migration based on the change of the residences within an area
- Cross-border migration based on the regular travels between different countries
- Accessing temporary population statistics
- Assessing temporary population (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
STANDARD DATA FORMATS
The data can be supplied in the following formats which allow easy loading to most database platforms:
- Tab delimited file (TXT)
- Access database (MDB)
- Excel (xls)
STANDARD GIS FORMATS
- MapInfo (.tab)
- Esri Shape file (.shp)
DATALINK Rest APIs & Platform Extensions Formats: Use simple HTTP GET methods providing maps, sociodemographics and socio-economic data and geocoding. Platform Extensions add capabilities to the service results received from our REST APIs.
Please contact our SALES TEAM to discuss your requirements or request an individual quotation.